Control Room Dispatch - Managing Performance, the Team and enhancing Customer Satisfaction
Control Room Dispatch – Managing Performance, the Team and enhancing Customer Satisfaction
The following course is designed for Contact Centre Managers who are new to the industry, Team Managers or potential Team Managers. It provides a good introduction to the industry, its dynamics and working practices. This course covers an overview of call centre operations, Workforce Management Planning and Performance KPIS, Setting performance goals and objectives in a call centre environment and managing performance in a call centre environment.
An emergency medical dispatcher is a key member of the emergency response control team. The emergency dispatcher uses information from many sources including people calling for help, doctors, computer systems and protocols to make important decisions about how best to handle the situation and, if appropriate, dispatch the nearest ambulance, rapid response car, motorcycle or paramedic helicopter.
The training will teach students how to use the switchboard, radio communications and other equipment. It will also cover topics such as first aid; the work of accident and emergency crews; prioritising calls; giving telephone advice and using computerised command and control systems.
The course will use lectures, practical exercises and scenarios to teach the skills and develop confidence to deliver in this role and will be suitable for new people into the role and as a catch up and refresher for existing practitioners.
- Learn about call centre operations and explore call centre functions
- Understand the dynamics behind workforce planning
- Learn about the impact individuals can make in terms of achieving goals
- The setting of performance goals to create a positive working environment
- Performance management
- Understand the key challenges of running a call centre operation
- To be able to identify important actions to take to influence call centre operation
- Define workforce management
- Define an appropriate service level performance
- Recognise the importance of managing behaviours and not numbers
- Understand a structured approach to managing performance
The course is made up of the following units:
Call Centre Operations
Workforce Management Planning
Setting Performance Goals