Managing Safely is a flexible 4 day course ideal for all managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation.
Booking now open for course running Tuesday 23rd – Friday 26th June 2015 – bookwhen.com/qek2p
This course brings managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams and workplace to ensure the safety of all.
The London Policing College are a licensed training provider of accredited IOSH Health & Safety Courses. Our trainers are highly experienced retired police officers with a vast knowledge and experience of working in a dynamically changing and fast decision making environment that could well impact on peoples lives.
Managing safely will provide students with the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly – it brings home why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
Students will gain a nationally recognised and respected certificated training to take back to the workplace.
Aims and Objectives
At the end of this course students/participants will be able to
- Identify why health and safety is important for managers and what your responsibilities are
- Define risk and risk assessment and the importance of conducting a risk assessment
- Explain how risk can be reduced and which risk controls to put in place
- Understand how the law links into your responsibilities
- Explain how a Health and Safety management system works
- Define common hazards and how to mitigate against them
- Understand how and why accidents are investigated
- Explain how you measure Health and Safety Management
- Understand the impact if industry on the environment
- Identify the main elements of an environmental management system
- Introducing managing safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
Date – Tuesday 23rd – Friday 26th June 2015
Location – The Warren, Metropolitan Police Sports Club Hayes Ltd, Croydon Road, Hayes, Bromley, Kent, BR2 7AL
Cost – £480 (incl VAT)
Other similar events available -Working Safely – Monday 22nd June 2015
Click on the Events tab to see location map and additional information