Establishing and Leading a Major Incident Mortuary – Identification, Evidence, Family and Friends
This course provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of management required to plan and implement a temporary mortuary.
This 5-day course aims to provide Police Inspectors and above with the necessary skills to be able to carry out managerial functions of a Police Mortuary Coordinator at a major incident. Students will learn about which modern methods are used in major incident / rescue operations, What planning is required for major incident / rescue operations and how to manage teams and distribute tasks and roles
Aims and Objectives
Students will learn how to plan, set up and manage a temporary mortuary in a major incident/rescue operation type situation.
At the end of the course the student/participant will be able to:
- Provide an overview of how to manage a mortuary
- Understand how to deal with bodies in regular and emergency situations
- Understand the importance of teamwork
- Understand the division of roles
- Learn how to identify bodies
- Understand the communications that are required throughout
The course is made up of the following units:
Introduction to Intelligence and Evidence
Identification and proving ID