Preparing and Writing Reports - Recording Incidents, Investigations and Crimes in accordance with Evidential needs, Data Protection and Human Rights.
Preparing and Writing Reports – Recording Incidents, Investigations and Crimes in accordance with Evidential needs, Data Protection and Human Rights.
This interactive course introduces participants to the principles of writing reports concerning Police and Security Matters. Participants will learn the skills of report writing, Data Protection and Human Rights legislation.
This course is suitable for all Police Forces, Law Enforcement agencies and others engaged in investigation and prosecution of offedners. It can be adapted for other organisations required to comply with a formal reporting process. The course is interactive and participants will participate in exercises to enhance their report writing skills.
Aims and Objectives
Students will learn the principles and skills of writing reports concerning police and security matters
At the end of the course the student/participant will be able to:
- Understand and recognise what Security Reports are
- Understand the importance of Security Reports and how they can be tested.
- Recognise the different types of Security Report, and their purpose
- Understand what elements make up a Security Report
- Be able to write a competent Security Report
- Be able to review their own and others Security Reports using the SWOT model and other resources
- Understand and deliver Intelligence Reports and Briefings
- Comply with UAE Constitution and United Nations Human Rights Requirements
The course is made up of the following units:
Introduction to report writing
Applied report writing