Social Media and Police Operations - an introduction and developmental course on how social media platforms can be engaged to support police operations
Social Media and Police Operations – an introduction and developmental course on how social media platforms can be engaged to support police operations
This course provides an overview of the various types of social media, examining why and how people use it and consider social media as a tool for the police to engage with the community. Social Media can be used as a networking tool to engage various customers, in particular those communities that are sometimes harder to reach such as young people and women. The course will look at how to build a social media strategy into your communications plan and how to integrate this to achieve the desired outcome.
Students will examine the various types of Social Media and how they can be used to enhance and develop community engagement, how this will in turn improve community relations and maximise individuals contribution to community policing.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Understand the underlying principles of Social Media to engage with your communities
- Formulate an action plan that combines the key social media networks
- How to set up a twitter, facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and linkedin accounts
- Create engaging social media content to increase your online presence
- Increase engagement through social media marketing techniques.
- Generate ideas for social media strategies
- Integrate social media into your existing communications strategy
- Produce a social media strategy and action plan.