Terms and Conditions for registration and payment of fees for a course, workshop or event held by The London Policing College
Delegate: A person intending to enrol for an event with the London Policing College.
Course duration: The duration of the event, the dates of which shall be notified to the student by the University.
Course Fee: The fee for attending an event with the London Policing College
Online Payment Process: The process of enrolling and paying for an event through this website.
Booking Terms and Conditions: The Terms and Conditions for enrolment and fee payment for an event (this document).
We agree to provide the event as set out in the prospectus and the delegate agrees to pay the fee. After booking a place delegates will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging we have received and accepted the booking. This agreement becomes binding once this acknowledgement has been sent to the email address designated on the delegate application.
Fees and Payment
- Enrolment on an event will only be considered when the fee has been paid, the terms and conditions accepted and the enrolment form completed.
If you wish and you accept these Terms and Conditions, you may pay the fees now, within this website, by following the Pay Now link. If you choose not to pay now, the enrolment will not be accepted.
- Through applying for a Course applicants are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions.
- Any information displayed during the Online Payment Process in respect of the amount of monies due from the delegate is the definitive Fee at the time of enrolment.
- All payments must be made in GB Pounds Sterling. Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in making the payment or in processing a refund shall be borne by the delegate or the third party making payment, and shall not be deductible from the Fees due to the College.
- The London Policing College retains the right to not accept a booking without reason. Any delegate who is refused a place will have their fee returned immediately
Cancellations and refunds
Cancellation by you
- If cancellation (by you) is made within 2 weeks of the course start date the full course fee is payable,
- If cancellation is made between 2 and 4 weeks before the course start date, then 50% of the full fee is payable;
- If cancellation is made between 4 and 8 weeks of the course start date, 10% of the full fee is payable
- If cancellation is made over 8 weeks of the course start date a full refund will be given;
- Substitution of delegates can be made at any time
- All cancellations must be in writing via email to cancel a place on an event, or to transfer or substitute someone else, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your reason for requesting the cancellation, details of the event you are cancelling off and your booking reference.
- A full refund may not be given when the payment includes a payment in respect of food or accommodation.
- Non-Payment – Failure to make any payment will result in legal action. Any court cost or fees will be added to the outstanding amount you owe.
- Non attendance – The full fee is payable
Cancellation by us
We will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the event as outlined on the website or in any advertised location. However we reserve the right to:-
- make reasonable adjustment to the timetable, location or presenters specified for an event; and
- make reasonable amendments to the content and syllabus of an event when necessary.
We reserve the right to cancel any event by giving you notice in writing at any time before the
event is due to start. We will refund all fees paid by you and will endeavour to offer a transfer to another event as an alternative, subject to payment or refund of any difference in purchase price.
The College’s maximum liability will be limited to a refund of received fees for the cancelled event. The London Policing College will not accept liability for any costs or losses incurred by delegates or organisations which are claimed to have arisen through event cancellation, other than for those stated here.
Visual and/or audio recordings
The organisers may take visual and/or audio recordings of delegates during the event and reserve the right to use these for promotional, management or educative purposes (in the United Kingdom or overseas). Delegate’s individual consent for this will be assumed to have been granted unless otherwise indicated by delegates, in writing or by email, prior to the start of the event.
In the interests of all event participants, the organizers reserve the right to enforce the removal of any delegate from the event whose behaviour or demeanour is, in their view, considered unacceptable.
Variations to the Terms and Conditions
The College reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time and the current version will be that published on this website.